Saturday, September 19, 2015

Cabbage Noodles

This is another one that is almost too simple to be called a recipe. But here is the gist of it:

Ingredients:

raw cabbage
butter
Seasoned salt (I usually use Paula Deen's House Seasoning)

I cut the cabbage in wedges and remove the core. Then I slice it into roughly half inch slices, or the width of a wide egg noodle. You may slice it any width you prefer.

I usually fill a microwave steamer with the cabbage and add a little water to the bottom, and nuke it until it's tender. You could also steam it on the stove-top. It may take several rounds to cook it all, depending on how much you are making.  I haven't tried it in a pressure cooker, but I just may.

While still hot, remove the cabbage noodles to a bowl and season generously with butter and seasoned salt to taste.

That's it! Easy, versatile, delicious.

You could also season with bacon grease or chicken fat for another good version.

Addendum: Last night, I made this with olive oil, Paula, and True Orange Orange-Ginger Powder, I had some extra vegetables that needed to be used, so I threw in half of a yellow pepper and half of a green pepper, and an onion, all sliced into bite-sized pieces. It turned out great, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment