Friday, January 29, 2016

QED* Low Carb Zucchini Side Dish

* QED = Quick, Easy, Delicious

I was buying a package of zucchinis at Aldi today, and met an old woman who was doing the same. She mentioned she was buying them for her husband, who was ill, and that one of these small-to-medium zucchinis was a serving for him. On the spur of the moment, I asked her how she cooked them. She told me she grated them and cooked them for about five minutes, then sprinkled them with Parmesan cheese. I told her I was going to try that tonight, and I did. Wow! My husband and I loved it. So here, before I forget, I share this discovery with you. This is what I did:

2 small to medium zucchinis, shredded coarsely
2 T. Butter
Paula Deen's House Seasoning to taste
Parmesan cheese, about 1 T.

We grated the zucchini quickly with our Salad Shooter. **
Heat the butter in a skillet on medium-high. Add the shredded zucchini and stir as it cooks. Season with Paula. Some liquid accumulated in the skillet, so I waited until it evaporated before calling it done. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese, stir and serve.

I wish I had gotten that nice lady's name.

**Regarding the Salad Shooter: Grating cheeses and other things was slow and sometimes arduous. I finally found the answer, and it was the Salad Shooter I saw on TV years ago and ignored. It's made my cooking life so much pleasanter. I wish I bought one years ago. The model below is the one I have. My only objection is that it is a bit on the noisy side, so don't hold it next to your ears! It makes short work of whatever needs to be sliced or grated, and is easier to clean, generally, than the food processor would be.


No comments:

Post a Comment