Friday, January 22, 2016

Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs in an Electric Pressure Cooker

If easy peel hard cooked eggs were the only thing a pressure cooker did, I would still own one. I have struggled with those darn egg shells for too many years, trying all of the hints without success. The pressure cooker technique was a true epiphany for me. And you don't even have to use older eggs!

Here is a site that explains it fully:

http://www.indiacurry.com/faqhints/pressurecookerhardeggs.htm

I learned something there that I haven't seen elsewhere in my research, so I am impressed.

I have settled on 1 cup water in the bottom, eggs on a rack above.  6-7 minutes on low pressure. Natural release. Ice water bath. Peel now or later.

1 comment:

  1. A popular method that also works well (and is easier to remember) is the 5-5-5 technique. Five minutes high pressure, five minutes natural release, five minutes in an ice bath. This one is also faster, so it's the one I use now.

    ReplyDelete